r-word.org

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Snake Knot Jewelry

Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to post any of these here, since I have them in my photo album already. But these are very special necklaces. The glass pendants used in the first two are made and sold by Kahn-Fagan. They are not cheap, but wow, are they gorgeous! And I doubt anyone can ever find any two alike. I only wish my feeble photography could do their beauty justice!
Here's one I made with magenta rat-tail cord. The glass pendant is a leaf design, with AB coating.

Here's one made with lavender rat-tail cord. The glass pendant is a purple fuchsia-like flower design. The top of it is green, then it shades to purple around the rim of the flower. Breathtaking!

Here's a necklace I made from a bead I got from another source. It's lamp work, and the 'knobs' of the bead give the illusion that you're looking at dimensional petunia-like flowers. Fascinating. The cording here is blue rat-tail.

I've had so much fun with these necklaces that I just can't stop myself. I haven't run out of ideas yet, so I'll just keep making more. : - D

No comments: